Monday 13 June 2016

How To Stop Feeling Guilty About Making Money

I get a message from one of my one-on-one coaching clients:

“Can you call me asap?”

Now, that’s an unusual message from her so; I jumped straight on the phone.

My incredible client then proceeds to tell me that she has just secured her FIRST $100,000 client who is investing in 12 months of her services!!!

How.

Seriously.

COOL!

I squeal and proceed to tell her how PROUD I am of her!

This had been a big goal for a long time, and we’ve just taken it to the next level.

Silence.

“Are you there?”

“Yes…”

“What’s wrong?” I ask.



“Well, I kind of feel…. bad?”



“BAD?

Huh?

Why?

Why on earth do you feel bad?”



“I don’t know – I almost feel guilty – I mean, it’s a lot of money…”

And then it all started coming out.

“What if I’m not the right person to work with her?

What if she doesn’t get results?

What if she think it’s not worth it?”



And I’ve heard it all before.

Not always when receiving a $100,000 payment, but even receiving $1000 or even just $100.

That guilty feeling for actually receiving money.

And it’s a sneaky little trick that our unconscious mind can play on us!



If you are someone who has even felt an inkling of guilt or discomfort when receiving money in the past, then you need to keep reading!



Firstly, it’s a common thing.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not something that you need to go to work on improving.
Secondly, you need to understand that money is just energy.

And it works off the principle of flow.

Flow in and flow out.

And if we block part of that flow, we get all out of kilter.

Money works as an exchange.

An exchange of value.

And it all starts with 100% knowing and backing your own value.

If you don’t believe deep down, with your whole heart, that you are worthy of receiving the money it won’t flow into your life.

Or, worse, it’ll flow in, the flow right out again because you feel that it’s not meant to be there.

Now stick with me – I’m not going all woo-woo on you, I promise, but this is important.

Well, it’s important if you’re actually serious about earning a multiple six or seven figure or beyond income, otherwise, it doesn’t matter so much.

Here’s what I suggest you do:



1. STOP IT.

Seriously. Just stop.

Stop feeling stupid guilt and stop feeling weird and stop feeling uncomfortable when money flows into your life.

Because it’s a CHOICE – we CHOOSE how we feel so you can choose to feel guilty or, you can choose to feel absolutely incredible.

Your choice!



2. ASK FOR MORE.

Yes, you heard me.

And I know you haven’t mastered step one, yet so, you’re saying ‘but how can I ask for more when I’m still feeling guilty.” Easy. Just ask.
Whenever you receive money, expect it, be grateful and then straight away consider how you are going to attract more money into your life.

Ask yourself, ‘how can I add even more value today?” Then,



3. CELEBRATE!
Celebrate ALL money coming into your life! The difference between successful people and highly successful people is, highly successful people know how to celebrate and do it regularly.

Celebrate money.

It’s just energy remember!

Celebrate the good energy flowing into your life!!
Because at the end of the day, money is simply an amplifier.

It’s an amplifier of who you are at the core of your being.

If you’re an idiot, and you create a lot of wealth, everyone will know you as that rich guy who’s an idiot.

If you’re an incredible person who is heart centered and focused on contribution, the world will know you as that incredible abundant person who is making a difference.

Money doesn’t change you.

It amplifies you.

So quit feeling weird.

Quit feeling guilty.



Stop.

Ask.

Celebrate.

Repeat.



Regan Hillyer

P.S – Remember, you really CAN have it all – if you quit feeling guilty.




No comments :

Post a Comment