Saturday 9 July 2016

SHE WAS A SCAM ARTIST, AND I KNEW ALL ALONG...


Roughly 5 months ago I came across a woman who appeared to be very successful, very “together” and full of life.

After a few bubbly exchanges over Facebook messages,
We jumped on a call together,
To talk big vision and impact on a scale that most couldn’t fathom.


The call went well,

Yet there was a strange feeling I got afterwards.
Something wasn’t 100% right.
Something wasn’t adding up.
Or was I just in a weird mood?

Probably…
And just like that,
I brushed it off,
And ignored myself.

A couple of months later,
We caught up in person in LA.

Same as the phone call.
Pleasant,
Friendly,
Great conversation.

Yet STILL,
Something didn’t add up.

My friend who was there “LOVED” this woman.
And when I proceeded to tell her I was hesitant of her,
She thought I was crazy,
And a little judgmental.

Yet I wasn’t judging.
In fact,
There was NO logic at all behind my feelings.

She said nothing to offend,
Nothing that was out of line,
Yet the feeling remained.

And once again,
I brushed it off,
And ignored myself.

About a month ago,
It was revealed that this woman was a fraud.
And a fraud is a gentle label.
Scam artist is more appropriate.
She had not only ripped off multiple people in the industry,
But had hurt many people who I cared deeply about.

As one strong person came out of the woodwork and revealed the story,
Others emerged with similar stories,
And then others emerged not with direct stories,
But with gut feelings that they’d chosen to ignore.

I was one of those people,
Who turned inwards,
But brushed it aside,
And chose not to listen.

Lesson LEARNED.

Turn inwards.
Listen.
Trust.

Even if it’s not logical.

Your intuition is ALWAYS right.

So remember,
You absolutely CAN have it all - if you learn to trust yourself…

Regan x

📸 by Jordan Starcher
www.reganhillyer.com

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "even if it's not logical, your intuition is ALWAYS right" that confirms a lack of credibility. This is a person who claims to heal covid from a distance. What a fucking joke. You disgust me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People fool other people every day. Nothing new under the Sun.

    ReplyDelete