Friday 31 March 2017

YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ARTIST? SHAME ON YOU, YOU MONKEY…



YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ARTIST? SHAME ON YOU, YOU MONKEY…

I personally believe that artists are some of THE most talented people on the planet.

They are some of the craziest people,

But definitely some of the most genius!

I was thinking earlier today,

About how some artists make it,

Big time.

Their art impacts millions,

They receive millions in exchange,

And they get to do their soul work each and every single day.

Then some other artists,

Don’t make it.

In fact they struggle,

And they die with dreams that were never fulfilled,

And even worse,

Art that was never seen.

Because at the end of the day,

Art is created to be SEEN and EXPERIENCED,

Right?

There are five strong ways that I believe you can impact millions and make millions with your art,

But before I dive into that,

Lets get clear on what I mean when I say “art.”

For me,

Painting is art.

Writing is art.

Photography is art.

Speaking is art.

Movement is art.

Music is art.

Performing is art.

Acting is art.

Yoga is art.

What you wear is art.

Your thoughts that you unleash are art.

Sharing your message is art.

Your body is art.

Bringing a vision to life is art.

The list goes one and on…

At the end of the day,

Something that is released from within,

Through a form of creative self expression,

That is unleashed purely for the sake of being ART,

Is ART.

Please read that again:

Something that is released from within,

Through a form of creative self expression.

That is unleashed purely for THE SAKE OF BEING ART IS ART.

NOT for the sake of proving a point,

For the sake of making yourself look good,

For the sake of making money,

For the sake of doing it because you feel like you have to.

If you drop into THAT zone,

THAT is when you murder the art!

Twist it,

Manipulate it,

Manufacture it,

Scream at it and yell at it to perform.

QUIT MURDERING YOUR ART!!!

You’re not a monkey that you pat on the head,

That automatically manufactures something TRYING to be art,

For the sake of another purpose,

Are you?

If you’re calling yourself an artist,

But really you’re just a monkey then shame on you.

Stop it.

Monkey or artist?

You choose.

However, last time I checked,

You were an artist.

And a powerful one at that.

Okay - I got side tracked!

YES it is possible to unleash your art FOR THE SAKE OF ART,

And still impact millions and make millions in the process.

I’m sure you don’t need any proof or validation that this IS possible,

Unless you want me to sit here and name numerous famous artists…

Here’s how I recommend that you unleash your art,

So it impacts millions and makes millions in the process:

1. STOP LOOKING AROUND YOU AND GO WITHIN

Artists are different,

They’re unique,

And the powerful ones are okay with honouring what they have to unleash.

So if you’re committed to unleashing art from your soul,

Then why are you looking left and right,

Trying to figure out what the wanna be artists are doing?

I promise you,

The answers are NEVER outside of you.

The ideas are NEVER outside of you.

The creativity is NEVER outside of you.

Unless you do create from an external place,

Which drops you right into the zone of MANUFACTURING not ART,

which is what we talked about earlier.

If you’re doing that,

You may as well give up right now,

OR,

Commit to ONLY creating by going within and looking at what is going on INTERNALLY for you,

Then unleashing THAT on a daily basis.

Are you up for it?

I didn’t say it was going to be easy…

2. KNOW THAT VULNERABILITY WINS, EVERY TIME

There’s a simple scale,

Called the vulnerability scale,

Don’t look it up,

I made it up…

Those of you who have come to my masterminds would have seen me draw it out for you,

Over and over again.

Quite simply it works like this:

The amount of success, impact, visibility, exposure, credibility, money and other good stuff that your art creates when unleashed,

Is DIRECTLY proportional to the level of vulnerability that you had to dive into,

In order to unleash it.

The deeper you go,

The more powerful the art.

Painful?

Often.

Once again,

I never said it would be easy…

3. COMMIT TO BECOMING AWARE OF YOUR WOUNDS, GOING TO WORK ON THEM, THEN REVEALING THEM TO THE WORLD

There’s NO way that you’ll nail this step,

If you’re not okay with digging deep into vulnerability in step #2…

Or if you’re not committed to step #1 and unleashing art from within and you’re still looking externally for the answers…

(See how each of these build on each other?

I have actually thought about all of these for many years…!)

Here’s what I know for sure:

Your art can only grow at the proportion that you grow yourself.

Commit to being aware of what’s going on for you internally,

Commit to doing the inner work so that you shift and up level,

Then commit to REVEALING the vulnerability,

The processes,

The challenges,

The learnings,

ALL OF IT

With the world.

Once again - NO this is not easy!

It takes work!

And commitment.

And yes,

There will be many times that you want to hide,

And as a result your art will suffer,

Because you’re not showing up to create.

Understand that all artists battle with the tension of wanting to communicate with the world,

And wanting to hide.

But I’m sure as hell that you can’t do both at the same time…

I know what successful artists impacting millions would choose when it came to communicating or hiding…

What do you choose, artist?

4. LET THE ART BE ART, THE MONEY IS A WHOLE OTHER SEPERATE GAME

I go back to my point about the monkey.

Quit creating art for the sake of something!

Fame,

Money,

Ego.

Art doesn’t care about any of it.

Art cares about simply being ART.

Art cares about being seen and heard,

It is created to be RECEIVED,

That is it’s sole purpose.

I can hear you right now:

“But Regan, this doesn’t make sense!

You make money from your art!

You make money from writing,

And from speaking!

That’s ART?!”

Correct.

But here’s the DIFFERENCE:

The monkey sits down and says:

“What can I create right now that will make me money?”

The artists sits down and says:

“God, I really need to get this art out of me right now, I’m so called to create this, I’ll find something to link it to, so it really has a purposeful impact, but right now, I really need to create, I’ll figure it out later!”

I’m writing this post right now because it NEEDS to come out.

It’s been bubbling up inside of me ALL day

And I literally feel like I’m going to explode if I don’t get it out!

Sure - at the end I’ll probably share some way that you can go deeper into my next piece of art,

But right now,

The focus and intention is the ART,

Don’t get it mixed…

5. KNOW THAT HE OR SHE WHO CREATES MORE ALWAYS WINS, EVERY TIME

This is fairly obvious,

Yet so many people miss this.

“Regan, my writing’s not really getting traction…”

“How often are you writing and publishing your work?”

“Once a month”

Someone else:

“It’s going really well!”

Me: “How often are you publishing your writing?”

“Daily!”

Right…

Know that art is unleashed to be SEEN!

Allow yourself to perform!

In whatever way you need to,

To unleash your art,

And do it DAILY.

Remember,

If you start getting self talk of:

“I’m too much,

I’m too loud,

People don’t want to see all of this, etc”

Just remember that NONE of this is about you,

You are a VESSEL and the world is creating art THROUGH you,

It is up to YOU to get out of your own ay and HONOUR YOUR ART.

Create create create

Unleash unleash unleash

And you’ll win

Well,

Your art will win,

Technically…

6. DARE TO BE RADICALLY DIFFERENT

Find me one incredible,

World class,

Famous,

Powerful artist,

Who is not completely different,

And OKAY with standing in their own weird,

Different,

Slightly odd light?!

Want to dig further into this?

Simple:

Go and look at what everyone else is doing right now:

Then go and do the opposite.

And remember if you’re not okay with going against the crowd,

And against the “right way”

Or the “normal way”

Then your art won’t survive.

Get out of your own way and dig further into your weirdness…

I dare you!

7. BE CONSTANTLY DRIVEN BY PUSHING YOUR ART TO EXPAND AND GROWN

If you’re looking to finish your art,

Tick it off,

Complete it,

Well,

Good luck,

Because a true artist is NEVER done.

Never complete.

Never finished.

In fact the mindset of a powerful artist is the OPPOSITE:

My question for you is:

How can you drive your art to expand,

To be more.

To go to the next level,

To go to places that YOU are scared to go,

Because you’ve never gone their before.

Regardless of your medium of art,

There is ALWAYS a next level

And trust me,

The world is SCREAMING OUT FOR IT right now.

We are living in a time where we NEED creativity,

We need joy,

We need expansiveness,

We need self expression,

We need our limits to be pushed

And social expectations to be challenged.

We need YOU as the artist to commit to this,

SO THAT the art can be unleashed,

At an entirely new level.

Nail THIS,

And your art will always stay relevant,

It will continuously be consumed

And ultimately,

It will impact millions,

And make millions in the process,

Simply by being art.

Authentic, powerful, internal art that has been unleashed,

By an artist who deep down may be completely terrified,

But is committed to the art.

Plain and simple.

So there you have it,

Commit to these steps and watch THE most powerful art come out of you.

Oh, and yes, there ended up being 7 steps.

That's what happens when you commit to the art being UNLEASHED and you're not creating the art to PERFORM in a certain way....!

SO:

I’m keen to hear from you.

Do you consider yourself an artist,

Who’s put here to make an impact in the world?

Are you committed to true, authentic art?

How committed?

Comment below,

I’d love to hear from you!

>>> P.S If you KNOW that you’re an artist,

And you KNOW that you are put here to unleash art that impact millions and makes millions in the process,

And if you’re ready to take it to the next level,

Having access to me one on one,

Daily,

To push you,

To hold you accountable,

To accelerate you,

Then send me a message ASAP,

And let me know.

SERIOUS ARTISTS ONLY NO MONKEYS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Private message me ASAP and tell me,

WHY YOU?

And then I can share more about what the opportunity looks like,

If it’s a fit for you.

So remember,

My beautiful artist,

You absolutely can have it all…

I love you,

Regan x

Tag a crazy artist into this post who needs to read this!!

Share this post if you AGREE!

No comments :

Post a Comment