Thursday 25 August 2016

I WIPED AWAY THE TEARS BECAUSE I KNEW THEY WOULDN'T HELP



I WIPED AWAY THE TEARS BECAUSE I KNEW THEY WOULDN'T HELP

After a long flight from LA through to Malaysia,
I arrived at my hotel late Friday night,
Or, 1.30am Saturday morning to be exact…

When I was checking in the lady said,
“We are so sorry ma’am, but we do not have a suite left with an ocean view,
Only the city view,
Is that going to be okay?”

“That’s more than okay”,
I replied,
Super eager just to get to my bed!

I got up to the room,
Dropped my bags,
And pulled the curtains open to look at the view.

I couldn’t see much as it was 2am now,
And there weren’t many lights.

Exhausted,
I crawled into bed to sleep,
Although jet lag had a different plan for me.

When the sun was up a few hours after that,
I rose also,
I hadn’t slept,
But I needed to summon some big energy to speak on stage in a few hours.

I popped on some loud music,
And began to go about my morning routine.

I walked out into the lounge,
And for the first time,
I saw the view.

I stood there staring at it,
For what honestly felt like hours,
And I felt silent tears run down my face.

On the right hand side,
There were a stack of really nice buildings,
Apartments by the look of it,
A shopping mall,
And a little bit further to the right,
Was the ocean.

There was a highway in the middle,
Then to the left,
Was the complete polar opposite to the right.

Houses,
If you could call them that,
With rusty tin roofs,
Dirt,
Rubbish,
Dust,
Everywhere.
Most didn’t have windows,
Some didn’t have doors.

And the people,
The people,
I could see the people everywhere.
No one wearing shoes,
Kids playing in the dirty water,
And smoke everywhere,
From obvious rubbish that was being burned off.

Now I’ve been in many countries where that is the norm.
So it wasn’t that,
That was hitting me.

It was seeing the two worlds side by side,
Contrasted,
So far removed from each other,
Yet only walking distance to each other.

It was literally like a huge heaviness of depth,
Responsibility,
Sadness,
And then hope,
Hit me all at one.

Regardless of how the world has ended up like this,
There’s one thing I know for sure:

In each of these worlds there are people.
PEOPLE.
People with hearts,
And souls,
With dreams,
With love within them.

Brushing away my tears,
I realised that my tears weren’t going to fix this,
Far from it.

However speaking about this,
Then deciding to create change around this,
That’s what would make a difference.

More than ever right now,
The world needs some loving.
And it starts with us, collectively.

Recently,
Myself and many amazing people in my community,
Raised enough money to build a school and educate over 1000 children in India,
Children that,
Without us,
Would have never been given the opportunity.

And it’s time to contribute again.

If just 33 people,
Each choose to contribute just $3.33 a day
(Literally less than the price of a coffee)
Every day, for 3 months,
Together we will build another school and educate another 1000 children.

You can contribute directly through this link here:
>>> https://ftc.changeheroes.com/c/regan-hillyers2-school/
If you want to do $3.33 a day,
Or you can change the total to the amount that you would like to contribute.

Anyone who decides to contribute to educating the children,
In the next 48 hours,
I am going to MATCH your donation,
Dollar for dollar.

Tag people below.
Share this post.

Tears won’t help,
But together,
We can make a massive difference.

Lets do this.
Regan x

CONTRIBUTE NOW: https://ftc.changeheroes.com/c/regan-hillyers2-school/

No comments :

Post a Comment